I've been enjoying Bradley Spitzer's blog that Jo recommended last month, and appreciated his urging to go ahead and share work in progress, not waiting until it's perfected or actually even thought through. I've also come to realize that my "shoots" are nearly always "things that caught my eye" - fodder for future work, rather than photos with something specific in mind.
Here are photos from two outings since we last met. They may turn out to be "of use" or they may not. Both times I was shooting with my Minolta vintage lens,
July 11, 2026, Bending Normal
WeHo, specifically the Packing Plant / COOP.
This piece, “Bending Normal” (2017), by Brooklyn artist Marcus Manganni, has stood in front of The Packing Plant since September 2017. The artist ambiguously says that the scupture is the direct opposite of Kershaw's Nathan Bedford Forest statue that used to be visible from I-65.
I have lots of photos of this ambiguous statue in various weather and seasons.
August 23, 2026, Neuhoff District
New Mixed-Use Development downtown by the river
Could be a fun outing for the group










No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.